Commercial Airline Stretcher
The Airline Passenger Transfer Stretcher is a simple way to transport passengers who require additional medical attention due to an injury, illness, or other condition. For those who are unable to sit up straight and have to lay down for the duration of the flight, including landing and takeoff, due to injury, illness, or any other issue, in that scenario, FAA-approved aeroplane stretchers are an excellent choice. In these situations, the airline will arrange for the removal of a block of seats from the plane so that a stretcher for the patient and the necessary medical supplies can be installed in their place. Patients will be able to lie down during the flight.
The stretcher is used in the airport terminal and can be fitted with a raised sidebar and handrail for those who are ambulatory. When the stretcher is not in use, it folds flat and wheels into the aircraft’s cargo hold. The airline passenger transfer stretchers can be used with or without a seat belt restrainer (to improve comfort) or restraint straps that attach to either the armrests on the seat or the footrests on the seat (to provide stability). The stretcher easily fits into the cabin aisle when not in use.
1. Protection of Patient Privacy
To protect the patient from other passengers and provide them with privacy, the stretcher is additionally divided by a curtain. A medical team always travel with the patient to monitor their health and make sure they receive continuous care throughout the flight. Additionally, it makes it simple for friends or relatives to travel with the patient and be by their side.
2. Affordable vs. Air Ambulance
The longer the journey, the more money can be saved by using a flying stretcher, which can save patients and their families tens of thousands of dollars compared to using an Air Ambulance, which is solely chartered for the patient and their family.
The Airline Passenger Transfer Stretcher accommodates the needs of passengers who require additional medical assistance due to an injury, illness, or other condition.
- The Airline Passenger Transfer Stretcher is made of high-density polyethene and health-grade anodized aluminium for extreme durability.
- The airline passenger transfer stretchers can be used with or without a seatbelt restraint (to improve comfort) or restraint straps that attach to either the armrests on the seat or the footrests on the seat (to provide stability).
- The Airline Passenger Transfer Stretcher folds flat when not in use and wheels into the aircraft’s cargo hold.
- Optimal patient handling is assured by the non-skid tread surface, which ensures that it is firmly in place during transport.
- The stretcher is available either wired or wirelessly for patient monitoring purposes.
What Is A Commercial Flight Medical Escort?
A commercial flight medical escort is a licensed medical professional or qualified emergency medical services provider that provides assistance to passengers during their air travel. The emergency medical services provider will be on the same flight as the passenger requiring assistance and will be in constant contact with airline personnel.
Our Commercial Medical Flight Coordinators
Our commercial medical flight coordinators will handle the scheduling of your commercial medical flight, from confirming the medical escort to make sure that the aircraft and supplies are in place. Our coordinators will contact you with any questions or concerns prior to your scheduled departure date.
What Are Some of the Advantages of Using Our Commercial Medical Flight Escort?
The Airline Passenger Transfer Stretcher is an easy way to transfer injured, ill, or disabled airline passengers in-flight from one seat to another or from their seat to the floor with no assistance from flight attendants. It is also ideal for use in the airport terminal and can be fitted with a raised sidebar and handrail for those who are ambulatory. The stretcher folds flat when not in use and wheels into the aircraft’s cargo hold.
The stretcher is certified to conform to international safety standards.
- Our commercial medical flight escort coordinators will handle the scheduling and coordination of your commercial medical flight.
- Our healthcare providers may choose to meet the patient at the airport if they feel it is inappropriate for them to travel alone.
- Our commercial medical flight coordinators have a wealth of knowledge about air travel and can assist you with any travel arrangements that you may need. If there are any questions or concerns about your upcoming flight, our coordinators are available day or night and provide a personalised service that cannot be matched by larger call centres.
Get in touch with us to know more about our services and bookings!
The stretcher can be available to those who are unable to sit up straight and have to lay down for the duration of the flight, including landing and takeoff, due to injury, illness, or any other issue. If you are using a stretcher, belts are used to keep the passenger to the side during the entire flight.
To get a stretcher on the flight, prior arrangements with the carrier are required for confirmation, including specific meals, medications, oxygen, ambulances, and other necessities. One stretcher can be allowed for each plane in economy class. There is no stretcher in executive or first class. The best thing to do is to call Air Medical 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and request an air ambulance with a stretcher.
This requires a lot of planning with the airline so that they can set up the plane to transport the bedridden patient. However, you can contact info@airmedical24X7.com and book an air ambulance for a bed-bound person to ensure full safety and easy travel.
The commercial stretcher lets patients travel with commercial airlines and remain on their stretcher for the duration of their journey. The service is not offered by all airlines. However, many of the major airlines offer stretcher service on a few flights.
The best way to take seriously ill patients on a plane is via stretcher so that the patients do not feel any discomfort. To get more assistance, you can contact info@airmedical24X7.com.